The curtain has finally been lifted on one of the most hush hush projects yet. The huge joint venture between Sega, Capcom and Namco Bandai for the Nintendo 3DS has had the veil of secrecy lifted earlier today.
The game as yet doesn’t have an official title but is going by the secret squirrel name of Project X Zone and appears to be a strategic role playing game. The game will be featuring revered characters from each of the studios’ roster in what looks set to have a more exciting cast than the Super Smash Bros. franchise.
Which characters? Well, I’m so glad you asked!
- Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
- Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)
- Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- X and Zero (Mega Man)
- Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
- Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
- Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
- Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
- Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
- Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
So what we know so far is that you’ll be able to join two of these characters, pair them up and jump into a battle with them which will open a wide range of fighting options and abilities. As you can see, this is going to be a huge game that will no doubt sell by the bucketload judging by the roster so far and who knows, there may be more added as development goes on.
This is one title that we’ll be watching with keen interest.
I think it’s safe to say…gamers, start your fangasms right about…now.