Nintendo Direct Update: 3DS XL Announced
Nintendo held another of their extremely popular Nintendo Direct broadcasts today with tons of info on upcoming 3DS games. Some were new while other were shown or announced at this year’s E3.
But all in all, it was a great broadcast and showed off what’s coming up for the 3DS.
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest announcements was what had been rumoured for a while but not quite as most people had imagined.
The 3DS will be getting a redesign not with the second circle pad as most people would have liked. The 3DS has gone the route of the Nintendo DSi and received an overhaul in size resulting in the 3DS XL. Check out the specs below.
- 90% larger screens
- Available in red, blue and silver
- 4GB SD card included
- Upper screen – 4.88″ compared to the current 3DS – 3.53″
- Bottom screen – 4.18″ compared to the current 3DS – 3.02″
- Weight – 336g, current 3DS – 235g
- Increase in battery life
- To keep cost down, the AC adaptor will not be bundled with the 3DS XL
- Cradle will be sold separately
- Launches in Europe July 28