It’s Japandaman’s favourite time of the week, the sales charts for both hardware and software. This is where we see how sales are going in Japan, will the 3DS continue its reign, has the Vita picked up in sales?
Read on to see how it’s all going.
The Nintendo 3DS continues growing from strength to strength as Japan’s preferred hardware with a huge 168,876 units sold, no doubt helped along by popular title, Animal Crossing New Leaf. Meanwhile, the Vita saw a surge in sales due to Assassin’s Creed Liberation helping it along. This week saw the Vita sell through 13,091 units which is reassuring for Sony executives. There are a quite a few AAA titles due for release for the Vita which will make it interesting to see how Vita sales fare.
Enough chatter, on with the charts!
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PS3] Assassin’s Creed III
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2
- [PSP] Summon Night 4
- [PS3] Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- [PSV] Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
- [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires
- [PS3] Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- [PS3] Tales of Xillia 2
- Nintendo 3DS: 168,876
- PlayStation 3: 17,035
- PlayStation Vita: 13,091
- PSP: 12,217
- Wii: 3,001
- Xbox 360: 2,063
- PlayStation 2: 723
- Nintendo DS: 353