Yep, weekly sales charts time fresh from Japan. And this week there’s been a shake-up! What everyone has been thinking about as being unthinkable has happened.
The Nintendo 3DS has been toppled from the top of the hardware charts by the Sony PS Vita. The Vita has been enjoying a massive surge in sales, pushed along by the recent price drop making both the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi/3G model the same exact price, ¥19, 980. And now this week saw the launch of the eagerly anticipated title, Soul Sacrifice, which pushed Vita sales along as well.
But, the question on everyone’s lips is, is this a permanent change for the Vita? Have Japanese gamers finally embraced Sony’s handheld over the 3DS or is it only a temporary reprieve for Sony? We can’t wait to see what happens in next weeks charts!
- [PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice
- [PSP] Uta no Prince-sama All Star
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PSV] Tales of Hearts R
- [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 8
- [PS3] Far Cry 3
- [3DS] Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice Double Pack
- PlayStation Vita – 63,581 (62,543)
- Nintendo 3DS LL – 39,801 (50,265)
- Nintendo 3DS – 21,207 (27,174)
- PlayStation 3 – 19,567 (25,725)
- PSP – 18,023 (11,171)
- Wii U – 9,454 (10,021)
- Wii – 1,363 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 – 738 (486)