Our favourite time at Japandaman HQ has rolled around again. That time when we have a look at the hardware and software charts in Japan to see how your favourite games and consoles are selling? So what do you think, will Nintendo keep continuing to dominate or will Sony manage to claw back some ground?
Well, on the software front, the 3DS is kicking some major goals with Tomodachi Collection: New Life and Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon both doing great in sales, taking the number one and number four positions, respectively. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is still in there, selling a ton of units proving to be quite the fan favourite. And big surprise with the Xbox 360 showing it still has some life left in it by taking out number 10 with Monster Hunter Frontier G1 Premium Package.
As far as hardware, the 3DS XL and the standard 3DS have an unassailable lead and it’s hard to imagine the PS Vita taking the top spot away from them. Despite the price drop and some quality titles coming out for the PS Vita, it doesn’t seem to strike a chord with the Japanese gaming crowd. They all love the Nintendo 3DS!
- [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life
- [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
- [PSP] Seven Dragon 2020 II
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PSP] Amnesia Crowd
- [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard Ride to Victory!!
- [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
- [3DS] Run For Money: Flee From the Strongest Hunters in History
-  Monster Hunter Frontier G1 Premium Package
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 57,089 (28,139)
- Nintendo 3DS – 18,833 (18,584)
- PlayStation Vita – 15,011 (14,112)
- PlayStation 3 – 13,915 (14,039)
- Wii U – 8,798 (9,984)
- PSP – 7,816 (7,566)
- Wii – 1,379 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 – 515 (492)