That awesome sound in the air can only mean one thing – that awesome time of the week where we check the sales charts in Japan. It’s Gaming Life in Japan time!!
And not surprisingly, one of the most anticipated games for the 3DS has claimed the top spot. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies has sold through over 250k units of the game. It managed to hold off another dual release title in the form of Dragon’s Crown which released for both the PS3 and the PS Vita. They took out the 2nd and 3rd spots respectively on the software charts.
On the hardware front, Nintendo have the two 3DS models to thank as the Wii U doesn’t seem to be doing too well in its homeland. The latest home console from Nintendo has slipped to 5th on the charts shifting just under 11.5k units, this is compared to last week where it sold through 14,280 units. Worrying signs for Nintendo maybe however the console seems to be faring a lot better in other territories around the world.
- [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
- [PS3] Dragon’s Crown
- [PSV] Dragon’s Crown
- [PS3] The Witch and the Hundred Knights
- [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life
- [3DS] Yokai Watch
- [3DS] Fantasy Life Link!
- [Wii U] LEGO City Undercover
- [Wii U] Pikmin 3
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 36,350 (41,322)
- PlayStation Vita – 19,866 (14,392)
- Nintendo 3DS – 18,625 (15,703)
- PlayStation 3 – 11,900 (11,413)
- Wii U – 11,373 (14,280)
- PSP – 6,024 (5,719)
- Wii – 1,442 (1,463)
- Xbox 360 – 318 (420)