Our favourite time of the week is upon us again, Gaming Life in Japan! This is our little segment where we look at how software and hardware are performing in the Land of the Rising Sun.
On the software front, no change from last week’s number 1 with Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life still holding strong. Amazingly though, apart from one game in the top 10, the entire list is filled with titles for the 3DS. The only exception is number 9 which is being occupied by Pikmin 3 on the Wii U.
Hardware sees no change with the 3DS LL and regular 3DS a firm favourite with the gamers of Japan. The two combined accounted for just under 58k units sold which is just staggering. The PS Vita did well in third spot shifting over 19k units which is up from last weeks 17k figure. Wii U sales were also up to 12k units which is marginally better than last weeks 9k ball park figure.
- [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life
- [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life
- [3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn
- [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [3DS] Yokai Watch
- [Wii U] Pikmin 3
- [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- 3DS LL – 47,005 (38,822)
- 3DS – 23,992 (18,949)
- PlayStation Vita – 19,363 (17,639)
- PlayStation 3 – 14,331 (12,228)
- Wii U – 12,047 (9,950)
- PSP – 7,616 (6,303)
- Wii – 1,772 (1,373)
- Xbox 360 – 322 (275)