Japanese publication, Famitsu, have just put up just which games managed to sell the best in Japan for 2013. I think it’s safe to say that Nintendo completely dominated and cleaned up the list.
In the top 10, Nintendo had 9 of the best selling games with the majority being on the 3DS, no surprise there. You can’t sell as many handhelds as they did and then not expect this kind of turnaround. The only game that stopped Nintendo from getting all the spots was Grand Theft Auto V which slipped into 8th spot.
- Pokemon X / Y – 3,976.829
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3,923,312
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 1,730,182
- Friend Collection: New Life – 1,580,067
- Dragon Quest VII Remake – 1,227,377
- Puzzles and Dragons Z – 1,005,697
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 982,737
- Grand Theft Auto V – 605,882
- New Super Mario Bros. U – 584,479 (including bundles)
- Wii Party U – 518,776 (including bundles)