Getting closer to the launch of the Namco Bandai cross series brawler, J-Stars Victory VS. And with this wave of promotion comes yet another trailer which now makes seven.
If you want to get your hands on this awesome looking game, watch out for it on March 19 across Japan.
Time for another looking at the gaming world direct from Japan and this time we’re almost nearly on time with Gaming Life in Japan! Let’s have a look and see if the PS4 continues the success it enjoyed last week following the Japan launch.
First things first, software tells an interesting tale with last week’s number one, Knack, being relegated to second spot. Taking the top spot this week is a game for the 3DS, Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi, from Marvelous AQL. Coming in for the third spot is Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear also for the Nintendo 3DS as well as being a new game for the charts. PS3 title, Yakuza: Ishin, sees a massive drop in sales which pushes it to 4th spot on the top 10 list. While smack bang in the middle of the chart is Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys enjoying moderate success on the 3DS. A PS4 title doesn’t make another appearance until number 8 which is Yakuza: Ishin, another game that saw a huge sales slump despite having huge number last week for a popular franchise.
The PS Vita enjoys some chart time with Deception IV: Blood Ties in 9th position while bringing up the rear in number 10 is Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
Now the big one…hardware chart! Let’s see how the PS4 did this week. And…for the second week in a row, the Playstation 4 is still the highest selling hardware with 65,685 units shifted this week. This effort pushes the 3DS into 2nd spot with 26,027 handhelds sold as the PS Vita slides into 3rd spot with 21,581 units shifted which is actually up from last week’s figure. For the full numbers, you can check out the charts below but we can’t wait to see if the PS4 continues to shake things up in Japan!
- [3DS] Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi (Marvelous AQL, 02/27/14) – 130,782 (New)
- [PS4] Knack (02/22/14) – 66,772 (376,076)
- [3DS] Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear (Nintendo, 02/27/14) – 58,329 (New)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 54,148 (192,305)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 53,276 (687,709)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 37,493 (496,455)
- [PS3] Deception IV: Blood Ties (Tecmo Koei, 02/27/14) – 23,254 (New)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 22,466 (105,006)
- [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties (Tecmo Koei, 02/27/14) – 19,322 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 17,706 (475,502)
- PlayStation 4 – 65,685 (309,154)
- 3DS LL – 26,027 (22,253)
- PlayStation Vita – 21,581 (16,857)
- PlayStation 3 – 13,155 (9,983)
- 3DS – 11,986 (9,898)
- Wii U – 8,204 (8,407)
- PSP – 3,652 (3,171)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,543 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 – 257 (241)
Freedom Wars is looking like a very exciting game for the PS Vita with its futuristic setting and action packed storyline. But just to give you a better idea of what you can expect, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan recently unveiled this latest trailer which gives us a bit more of a look at the story itself.
The trailer shows off a few of the characters such as Mattias “Leo” Bruno, Natalia “9″ Woo and Uwe “Sakamoto” Cabrera. Two new characters which we haven’t seen before also make an appearance, those being Abel “Strafe” Barth and Beatrice “Lily” Anastasi.
Can’t wait to get your mitts on Hatsune Miku rhythm game, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd and need another video fix? This one should make the wait just that bit easier.
It’s a trailer filled with no less than 36 songs from the sequel game. The trailer hits the 10 minute mark so there’s heaps in there to keep any Miku fan (me: Japandaman!) busy until it hits Japan on March 27 for the PS3 and the PS Vita. Want to know exactly which songs are in the trailer? Check out the list below.
- Clover Club
- Suki Kirai
- Spica –39’s Giving Day Edition-
- Miracle Paint
- Envy Catwalk
- Double Lariat
- Kowase Kowase
- Hello, Worker
- Glory 3usi9
- Tsugai Kogarashi
- Akatsuki Arrival
- Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro
- A Thousand-Year Solo
- Cantarella ~grace edition~
- Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru
- Two-Dimensional Dream Fever
- Romeo and Cinderella
- Narisumashi Genger
- Ura Omote Lovers
- Karakuri Pierrot
- Nisoku Hokou
- Luka Luka Night Fever
- Colourful x Melody
- World is Mine
- Kochira Koufuku Anshin Iinkai Desu
- erase or zero
- soundless voice
- Sakura Rain
A bit late again but here we go with this week’s Gaming Life in Japan! And it’s bound to be a great one with a hardware launch in the PS4 this week. Let’s see how it fared on the charts this week.
Looking at software, the PS4 is already making a dent with Knack being a launch title taking the first position. No doubt helped along by Knack being a hardware bundle. Over 300k units were sold in it’s first week. Second is the latest release in the Yakuza series, Yakuza: Ishin for the PS3. In third spot is the same game for the PS4. While the 3DS shows up in 4th spot with Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys. Another PS4 launch title, Killzone: Shadow Fall, has helped itself to the 7th place. Battlefield 4 is sitting in 8th position with 24,799 units sold. Spots 9 and 10 are taken out by two more 3DS titles, Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Puzzle & Dragons Z respectively.
Seems like the Playstation 4 is shaking things up on the software, what about we take a look at how the hardware chart turned out this week?
After what seems like an eternity, the mighty 3DS was toppled from the top spot replaced by the, you guessed it, Playstation 4, which posted sales of 309,154 units. This absolutely eclipses the 22,253 units the past week for the 3DS but it’s a hardware launch and they usually report big number. The PS Vita also reported healthy sales with 16,857 units shifted which is slightly down from last week. Despite the Wii U having a killer title released recently in the form of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, the Wii U is still seeing lagging sales with 8,407 units sold which is lower than last week.
Will the PS4 still be at number one or with the 3DS reclaim it’s crown? We can’t wait to see later this week when the new numbers come in fresh from Japan!
- [PS3] Knack (First Limited Pack included) (SCE, 02/22/14) – 309,304 (New)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 138,158 (New)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 82,540 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 72,350 (634,433)
- [3DS] Kuroko no Basuke: Shouri e no Kiseki (Namco Bandai, 02/20/14) – 45,681 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 35,125 (458,961)
- [PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE, 02/22/14) – 32,336 (New)
- [PS4] Battlefield 4 (EA, 02/22/14) – 24,799 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 17,665 (457,796)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/31) – 15,092 (1,374,333)
- PlayStation 4 – 309,154 (N/A)
- 3DS LL – 22,253 (27,650)
- PlayStation Vita – 16,857 (17,081)
- PlayStation 3 -9,983 (10,226)
- 3DS – 9,898 (12,066)
- Wii U – 8,407 (8,782)
- PSP – 3,171 (2,944)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,383 (1,267)
- Xbox 360 – 241 (256)
Massively hyped fighting game from Namco Bandai celebrating 45 years of Shonen, J-Stars Victory VS, has had the box art revealed for it recently.
PS3 box art…niceeee
Great looking box art!
Looking really nice, can’t wait to play this game!!
Time for a slice of gaming charts straight from otaku land, time for Gaming Life in Japan! Let’s see what’s been shaking the games and hardware charts this week.
3DS title, Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys, takes out the top prize this week in the number one position. A new entry, also on Nintendo hardware, takes out the 2nd spot, that game being Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Rounding out the top 3 is A-Ressha de Ikou 3D, anew entry for the 3DS. Nintendo hit the trifecta this week! In fact, looking at the top 10, nine games are on Nintendo hardware which is a testament to just how strong Nintendo is doing in its home land. The only exception is another previous number one, Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost on the PS3.
Looking at the hardware charts, the 3DS is holding the fort in the top spot with 27,650 units sold this week while the PS Vita takes 2nd spot with 17,081 units shifted which is a healthy number. Considering that the game that sold the second most being on the Wii U, that hasn’t reflected on the console’s sales with 8,782 units selling this week. It’s still up from the 7,180 sold last week but next week’s charts may tell a different story. As of writing this, the PS4 launched in Japan today so we can’t wait to see what sales figures it pulled on day one.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys – 118,427 (562,083)
- [Wii U] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 35,717 (New)
- [3DS] A-Ressha de Ikou 3D – 27,009 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe – 23,017 (440,131)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 22,230 (423,836)
- [3DS] Magi: Aratanaru Sekai – 15,793 (New)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z – 15,462 (1,359,241)
- [3DS] Puyopuyo Tetris – 13,717 (58,345)
- [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost – 13,704 (313,291)
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y – 12,750 (3,950,322)
- 3DS LL – 27,650 (36,306)
- PlayStation Vita – 17,081 (16,951)
- 3DS – 12,066 (12,002)
- PlayStation 3 – 10,226 (10,240)
- Wii U – 8,782 (7,180)
- PSP – 2,944 (2,948)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,267 (1,331)
- Xbox 360 – 256 (194)
If you’ve been following Japandaman for a while now, you would know that we’re huge fans of games that cross series’ and franchises. Games like Project X Zone, Jump Super Stars and the upcoming J-Stars Victory VS really get excited and eager with anticipation.
Here’s a handful of new character trailer for the 45th anniversary Shonen Jump PS3/PS Vita game, J-Stars Victory VS which is looking amazing! The trailers give us a glimpse at Naruto, YuYu Hakusho‘s “Spirit Detective, Yuusuke Urameshi, Fist of the North Star‘s legendary martial artist Kenshiro, and Kankichi Ryotsu who you may know as the lead from a show that started back in 1976, Kochikame, a comedy cop show.
Time has crept past again, must be all the work on It’s Japan, Man! that;s slowing us down lately, apologies. But here’s the latest installment of Gaming Life in Japan, the segment where we take a look at the sales charts fresh from Japan.
Let’s jump straight in!
The software charts have a new contender with a new release for the Nintendo 3DS rocketing straight up the charts into the top spot. Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys from Square Enix shifted a staggering 443,656 units this week was more than enough to do the job. Another new entry, also from Square Enix for the 3DS, Puyopuyo Tetris, took the number 2 position selling 44,627 units in its debut week. Massive difference in numbers between first and second positions! Meanwhile, last week’s number one has been relegated to the third spot, that game being Namco Bandai’s Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost for the PS3. The 3DS easily takes charge of the top ten with Pokemon X/Y holding the fort at number 10. Nintendo took out 6 of the top 10 positions this week, no mention of the Wii U however, all on the 3DS which can do no wrong.
The PS Vita took 2 positions in the top 10 with Terraria and Super Heroine Chronicle at numbers 7 and 8, respectively.
Looking at hardware, well no big surprises here with the 3DS the highest selling hardware this week with 36,306 units sold. Up from last week’s figure of 26,042. The PS Vita is doing well in 2nd spot with 16,951 units sold, a slight decrease from the 20,457 units of last week. The Wii U woes continue however with 7,180 units shifted this week, down from the 8,072 of the previous week.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 443,656 (New)
- [3DS] Puyopuyo Tetris (Square Enix, 02/06/13) – 44,627 (New)
- [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost (Namco Bandai, 01/30/14) – 29,647 (299,587)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 28,407 (401,606)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 24,658 (417,115)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/31) – 16,876 (1,343,779)
- [PSV] Terraria (Spike Chunsoft, 02/06/14) – 15,070 (New)
- [PSV] Super Heroine Chronicle (Namco Bandai, 02/06/13) – 14,467 (New)
- [PS3] Diablo III (Square Enix, 01/30/14) – 13,204 (54,931)
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Nintendo, 10/12/13) – 11,963 (3,937,571)
- 3DS LL – 36,306 (26,042)
- PlayStation Vita – 16,951 (20,457)
- 3DS – 12,002 (11,420)
- PlayStation 3 – 10,240 (14,100)
- Wii U – 7,180 (8,072)
- PSP – 2,948 (3,366)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,331 (1,789)
- Xbox 360 – 194 (260)
The trailers are practically streaming out of Namco Bandai HQ for J-Stars Victory VS, the game put together to celebrate Shonen Jump’s 45th anniversary.
The 5 th trailer was release yesterday and like the ones before it, it’s a doozy filled with great content. Catch the clip below and don’t forget to pick up the game by whatever means necessary when it releases on March 19 for the PS3 and the PS Vita.