Time for another looking at the gaming world direct from Japan and this time we’re almost nearly on time with Gaming Life in Japan! Let’s have a look and see if the PS4 continues the success it enjoyed last week following the Japan launch.
First things first, software tells an interesting tale with last week’s number one, Knack, being relegated to second spot. Taking the top spot this week is a game for the 3DS, Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi, from Marvelous AQL. Coming in for the third spot is Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear also for the Nintendo 3DS as well as being a new game for the charts. PS3 title, Yakuza: Ishin, sees a massive drop in sales which pushes it to 4th spot on the top 10 list. While smack bang in the middle of the chart is Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys enjoying moderate success on the 3DS. A PS4 title doesn’t make another appearance until number 8 which is Yakuza: Ishin, another game that saw a huge sales slump despite having huge number last week for a popular franchise.
The PS Vita enjoys some chart time with Deception IV: Blood Ties in 9th position while bringing up the rear in number 10 is Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
Now the big one…hardware chart! Let’s see how the PS4 did this week. And…for the second week in a row, the Playstation 4 is still the highest selling hardware with 65,685 units shifted this week. This effort pushes the 3DS into 2nd spot with 26,027 handhelds sold as the PS Vita slides into 3rd spot with 21,581 units shifted which is actually up from last week’s figure. For the full numbers, you can check out the charts below but we can’t wait to see if the PS4 continues to shake things up in Japan!
- [3DS] Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi (Marvelous AQL, 02/27/14) – 130,782 (New)
- [PS4] Knack (02/22/14) – 66,772 (376,076)
- [3DS] Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear (Nintendo, 02/27/14) – 58,329 (New)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 54,148 (192,305)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 53,276 (687,709)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 37,493 (496,455)
- [PS3] Deception IV: Blood Ties (Tecmo Koei, 02/27/14) – 23,254 (New)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 22,466 (105,006)
- [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties (Tecmo Koei, 02/27/14) – 19,322 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 17,706 (475,502)
- PlayStation 4 – 65,685 (309,154)
- 3DS LL – 26,027 (22,253)
- PlayStation Vita – 21,581 (16,857)
- PlayStation 3 – 13,155 (9,983)
- 3DS – 11,986 (9,898)
- Wii U – 8,204 (8,407)
- PSP – 3,652 (3,171)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,543 (1,383)
- Xbox 360 – 257 (241)
Ar no Surge is an amazing game for the PS3 from Gust and will be touching down in Japan on March 6th. Not much longer to go now before those lucky Japanese gamers can get their hands on what looks set to be one fun looking title.
Here’s a cool video showing off a battle scene from the game. Looks like some great action with unique monsters involved!
In the past few weeks, we’ve becomes HUGE fans of Nitroplus girl, Super Sonico. We agree that her anime wasn’t quite what some people were expecting but we can’t get enough of it! So we were besides ourselves when Kadokawa Games and Nitroplus released the opening cinematic video for the upcoming PS3 title, Motto! SoniComi. The game looks set to be a love communication game which hits Japan on March the 20th.
The gameplay will consist of you interacting with Sonico chan by taking pictures of her during the many photographic sections of the game. There will also be some adventure segments during which you can increase your relationship with her too. The handful of videos below show off the opening movie for the game and then some photoshoot and adventure gameplay videos so you can see what awaits you.
Photoshoot Gameplay 1
Pbhotoshoot Gameplay 2
Photoshoot Gameplay 3
Photoshoot Gameplay 4
Adventure Gameplay 1
Adventure Gameplay 2
Can’t wait to get your mitts on Hatsune Miku rhythm game, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd and need another video fix? This one should make the wait just that bit easier.
It’s a trailer filled with no less than 36 songs from the sequel game. The trailer hits the 10 minute mark so there’s heaps in there to keep any Miku fan (me: Japandaman!) busy until it hits Japan on March 27 for the PS3 and the PS Vita. Want to know exactly which songs are in the trailer? Check out the list below.
- Clover Club
- Suki Kirai
- Spica –39’s Giving Day Edition-
- Miracle Paint
- Envy Catwalk
- Double Lariat
- Kowase Kowase
- Hello, Worker
- Glory 3usi9
- Tsugai Kogarashi
- Akatsuki Arrival
- Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro
- A Thousand-Year Solo
- Cantarella ~grace edition~
- Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru
- Two-Dimensional Dream Fever
- Romeo and Cinderella
- Narisumashi Genger
- Ura Omote Lovers
- Karakuri Pierrot
- Nisoku Hokou
- Luka Luka Night Fever
- Colourful x Melody
- World is Mine
- Kochira Koufuku Anshin Iinkai Desu
- erase or zero
- soundless voice
- Sakura Rain
A bit late again but here we go with this week’s Gaming Life in Japan! And it’s bound to be a great one with a hardware launch in the PS4 this week. Let’s see how it fared on the charts this week.
Looking at software, the PS4 is already making a dent with Knack being a launch title taking the first position. No doubt helped along by Knack being a hardware bundle. Over 300k units were sold in it’s first week. Second is the latest release in the Yakuza series, Yakuza: Ishin for the PS3. In third spot is the same game for the PS4. While the 3DS shows up in 4th spot with Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys. Another PS4 launch title, Killzone: Shadow Fall, has helped itself to the 7th place. Battlefield 4 is sitting in 8th position with 24,799 units sold. Spots 9 and 10 are taken out by two more 3DS titles, Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Puzzle & Dragons Z respectively.
Seems like the Playstation 4 is shaking things up on the software, what about we take a look at how the hardware chart turned out this week?
After what seems like an eternity, the mighty 3DS was toppled from the top spot replaced by the, you guessed it, Playstation 4, which posted sales of 309,154 units. This absolutely eclipses the 22,253 units the past week for the 3DS but it’s a hardware launch and they usually report big number. The PS Vita also reported healthy sales with 16,857 units shifted which is slightly down from last week. Despite the Wii U having a killer title released recently in the form of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, the Wii U is still seeing lagging sales with 8,407 units sold which is lower than last week.
Will the PS4 still be at number one or with the 3DS reclaim it’s crown? We can’t wait to see later this week when the new numbers come in fresh from Japan!
- [PS3] Knack (First Limited Pack included) (SCE, 02/22/14) – 309,304 (New)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 138,158 (New)
- [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 82,540 (New)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 72,350 (634,433)
- [3DS] Kuroko no Basuke: Shouri e no Kiseki (Namco Bandai, 02/20/14) – 45,681 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 35,125 (458,961)
- [PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE, 02/22/14) – 32,336 (New)
- [PS4] Battlefield 4 (EA, 02/22/14) – 24,799 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 17,665 (457,796)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment, 12/12/31) – 15,092 (1,374,333)
- PlayStation 4 – 309,154 (N/A)
- 3DS LL – 22,253 (27,650)
- PlayStation Vita – 16,857 (17,081)
- PlayStation 3 -9,983 (10,226)
- 3DS – 9,898 (12,066)
- Wii U – 8,407 (8,782)
- PSP – 3,171 (2,944)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,383 (1,267)
- Xbox 360 – 241 (256)
Some early sales figures have come in from Japan regarding the release of the next gen console, the Playstation 4. In the first 48 hours, the console saw it find its way to 322,083 gamers which is a great sign for Sony.
This beats the sales for the same period for the PS3 which saw 88,443 consoles sold but but the PS2 outshines them both. 650,552 units of PS2 were sold back when it was released.
Time for a slice of gaming charts straight from otaku land, time for Gaming Life in Japan! Let’s see what’s been shaking the games and hardware charts this week.
3DS title, Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys, takes out the top prize this week in the number one position. A new entry, also on Nintendo hardware, takes out the 2nd spot, that game being Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Rounding out the top 3 is A-Ressha de Ikou 3D, anew entry for the 3DS. Nintendo hit the trifecta this week! In fact, looking at the top 10, nine games are on Nintendo hardware which is a testament to just how strong Nintendo is doing in its home land. The only exception is another previous number one, Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost on the PS3.
Looking at the hardware charts, the 3DS is holding the fort in the top spot with 27,650 units sold this week while the PS Vita takes 2nd spot with 17,081 units shifted which is a healthy number. Considering that the game that sold the second most being on the Wii U, that hasn’t reflected on the console’s sales with 8,782 units selling this week. It’s still up from the 7,180 sold last week but next week’s charts may tell a different story. As of writing this, the PS4 launched in Japan today so we can’t wait to see what sales figures it pulled on day one.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys – 118,427 (562,083)
- [Wii U] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 35,717 (New)
- [3DS] A-Ressha de Ikou 3D – 27,009 (New)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe – 23,017 (440,131)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 22,230 (423,836)
- [3DS] Magi: Aratanaru Sekai – 15,793 (New)
- [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z – 15,462 (1,359,241)
- [3DS] Puyopuyo Tetris – 13,717 (58,345)
- [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost – 13,704 (313,291)
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y – 12,750 (3,950,322)
- 3DS LL – 27,650 (36,306)
- PlayStation Vita – 17,081 (16,951)
- 3DS – 12,066 (12,002)
- PlayStation 3 – 10,226 (10,240)
- Wii U – 8,782 (7,180)
- PSP – 2,944 (2,948)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,267 (1,331)
- Xbox 360 – 256 (194)
Following on from our recent post about the Kamen Rider: Battride War II announcement, today we can show the debut of the first teaser trailer for the game.
The trailer has been released by Namco Bandai and will hit Japan on June 26 for the PS3 and the Wii U. The sequel will cover 15 riders from the Heisei era.
Ahead of the launch of Sony’s next gen console in Japan in around 48 hours, the PS4 store has just opened. So if you have an account, feel free to log in and take a browse at what’s on offer. Some titles can already be downloaded such as Onigiri and Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage which are free.
You can also sample the offerings of the PS Plus games which this month are Ciel no Surge (PS Vita), Tokyo Jungle (PS3), Demon Gaze (PS Vita), Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita), Dream Club: Complete Edipyon (PS3) and some more which you can check out here.
Marie Rose is the amazing goth loli fighter that made her debut on the arcade version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate in Japan. We had heard that she was also coming to the home console version as well.
Don’t cry, Marie Rose. They’ll have a date soon!
Tecmo Koei have released some news on this saying that an update will be pushed out in Japan via the PS3 and Xbox 360′s online services that will patch the game and bring this new fighter to the home in March.
No firm date on when exactly in March but we’ll keep you posted as soon as we hear anything.