Very late this week so let’s jump straight into Gaming Life in Japan!
Taking out the top spot for software is a new release for the PS3, 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen while the PS Vita version takes second position. The old one-two from Sony sees them take out this achievement easily. Yokai Watch for the 3DS takes third spot while another 3DS title, Mario Party: Island Tour, takes fourth position. Smack back in the top ten is a new release for Nintendo in Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! for the 3DS. The PS Vita sees Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai take out sixth spot with another new release.
Looking over at hardware, for a change the PS Vita actually outsold the Nintendo 3DS. Usually when the Vita outsells the 3DS, it’s just sales of the 3DS XL and when you combine both 3DS figures, they’re more than the Vita. This week though, the PS Vita broke the 3DS figure by just over 2K units. I imagine this only temporary and things will return to normal next week. The 3DS XL (LL) was second with 17,291 units sold while the PS4 holds strong with 13,034 consoles sold through. The Wii U sees a dip in sales with 5,512 units sold compared to last week’s figure of 7,962. Can’t wait to see what next week holds for the 3DS vs PS Vita situation.
- [PS3] 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen – 142,433 (New)
- [PSV] 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen – 128,236 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 33,833 (720,220)
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour – 28,114 (285,987)
- [3DS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! – 16,409 (New)
- [PSV] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai – 14,468 (New)
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 – 13,552 (206,066)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 11,005 (190,036)
-  Titanfall – 10,478 (New)
- [PS3] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai – 8,469 (New)
- PlayStation Vita – 24,078 (25,017)
- 3DS LL – 17,291 (22,947)
- PlayStation 4 – 13,034 (13,401)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,305 (10,871)
- 3DS – 6,271 (9,091)
- Wii U – 5,512 (7,962)
- PSP – 2,027 (2,892)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,220 (1,371)
- Xbox 360 – 229 (276)
Great day for fans of the survival horror genre with some new screenshots released for forthcoming game, The Evil Within. There’s an air of excitement for this game, not forgetting that it’s from the grandfather of survival horror, Shinji Mikami.
The game is being released on multiplatform from PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It lands in North America on 26th of August and Europe on August 29th.
Here’s one that a lot of people have been waiting for. The trailer for the PS4 launch of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn which launches worldwide tomorrow.
Don’t forget that if you’re an existing PS3 owner of the game, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free. Click here for more details.
Time for Gaming Life in Japan so let’s jump straight in!
Mario Party: Island Tour for the 3DS takes out the coveted top spot on the software chart with over 47K units shifted this past week. PS3 title, Samurai Warriors 4, takes out the second spot as Yokai Watch (3DS) takes the third.
Everyone’s favourite action hero, Snake, is back in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes as he takes out fourth spot with stealth. A new entry for the Wii U takes out fifth position with Just Dance Wii U. The Shonen 45th anniversary game, J-Stars Victory VS, takes 2 spots with 7 and 8 taken by the PS3 and PS Vita, respectively. Rounding out the top ten is Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 for the PS3. Pretty interesting to see that this week, Nintendo only has 3 titles in the top 10, different from their usual stranglehold on the software chart.
Looking over at the hardware chart, here’s where we can see that the various games for the PS Vita in the top 10 are having an impact on sales. The PS Vita takes the top spot this week with 25,017 units sold, down from last week’s figure but enough to take the number 1 position. The Nintendo 3DS LL is 2nd with 22,947 units shifted and PS4 third with 13,401 sold. As usual though, when you add sales on the 3DS LL and the standard 3DS, it still sells more than the PS Vita with a grand total of 32, 038 sold through.
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour – 47,106 (257,873)
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 – 25,572 (192,514)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 23,663 (686,387)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 20,799 (179,031)
- [Wii U] Just Dance Wii U – 18,403 (New)
- [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd – 16,111 (114,738)
- [PS3] J-Stars Victory VS – 13,417 (114,738)
- [PSV] J-Stars Victory VS – 11,876 (134,522)
- [PS3] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd – 10,278 (70,243)
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 – 10,081 (90,876)
- PlayStation Vita – 25,017 (39,752)
- 3DS LL – 22,947 (52,124)
- PlayStation 4 – 13,401 (23,327)
- PlayStation 3 – 10,871 (17,154)
- 3DS – 9,091 (12,508)
- Wii U – 7,962 (13,026)
- PSP – 2,892 (4,206)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,371 (2,115)
- Xbox 360 – 276 (304)
It’s that awesome time of the week…Gaming Life in Japan!
Japan has shown they love their vocaloids with the newest entry to the rhythm game genre, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd, taking out the top spot on the PS Vita. Second on the software charts is Mario Party: Island Tour for the Nintendo 3DS selling a neat 78,098 units the past week.
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd PS Vita version
The 3rd spot sees Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd for the PS3 finding its home this week. A new entry for the 3DS from a popular dating simulation series takes the 7th position, that game being New Love Plus+. Positions 8 and 9 are taken up J-Stars Victory VS for the PS3 and PS Vita, respectively. Rounding out the software chart top 10 is another entry, this time for the PS Vita, which is Hakuoki SSL: Sweet School Life.
Great looking box art!
Let’s take a look at the hardware charts where we can see that once again the Nintendo 3DS XL is back at the top with sales over 52,124 units this week.
The PS Vita takes 2nd with 39,752 units shifted. Meanwhile the new kid on the block, the PS4, seems to be holding its own in 3rd place shifting 23,327 consoles for the week, the figure is down from last week but it isn’t all doom and gloom. Which brings us to the Wii U, I mean that in a good way, the system shifted 13,026 units this week which is great considering it doesn’t have a game in the top 10. So it managed to break double figures on its own strength which is something new for Nintendo. We can’t wait to see if this indicates a change in fortunes for Nintendo with their home console, we’ll see what the latest charts say soon.
A brand spanking new trailer has recently hit the interwebs for the latest game to feature the Kamen Rider universe, Kamen Rider: Battride War II. This game is a follow-up sequel to the first title which showed upon the PS3 last year in Japan.
The new trailer is quite generous with loads of action, in game cinematics and more Riders than you can poke a stick at! The game touches down in Japan for the PS3 and Wii U on the 26th of June.
As we reported earlier, J-Stars Victory VS launched recently in Japan and it made a dent on the software chart with both PS3 and PS Vita showing up on there. Buts just how well is this eagerly anticipated title performing in Japan?
Media Create, who tracks all sales in Japan, has announced that the PS3 version of the game managed to sell through 86.55% of its allocated stock while the PS Vita version shifted 89.25% copies. Not bad for early figures and Media Create are indicating that they’re expecting to see more copies sold over the coming weeks. Given the success of the Nintendo DS title, Jump Superstars, which shifted 745, 000 copies all together, they’re predicting more success for this title, even more so for the PS Vita version.
Late again but let’s dive straight into Gaming Life in Japan!
Nintendo have a number one on the software charts this week in the form of Mario Party: Island Tour for the 3DS which managed to shift 132,668 units. A new entry for the PS3 from Tecmo Koei, Samurai Warriors 4, has taken out the 2nd spot with 120,452 units sold. The long-awaited Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes takes the 3rd position for the PS3 while a game we’ve been covering extensively, J-Stars Victory VS, takes 4th spot on PS3. The Vita version meanwhile takes the 5th spot. The Playstation 4 enjoys some time in the top 10 with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes taking out 6th spot. Tecmo Koei have another entry at number 9 with Samurai Warriors 4 for the PS Vita.
It’s a very mixed bag this week for software with not the usual Nintendo domination as seems to be the case on a week by week basis. Let’s jump right in to hardware sales.
On the strength of a couple of AAA titles for the PS Vita released this week, we see the handheld taking out the top spot this week with 35, 374 units sold. The PS4 takes the second spot with 30, 201 units sold with the 3DS XL (LL) shifting 28, 291 units this week. However when we combine the sales of the XL model and the regular sized 3DS, we see that sales jump to over 40k this week for Nintendo. This means that once again, Nintendo takes out the hardware sales with the 3DS. For full sales and number sold, check out the charts below.
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 132,668
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 120,452
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 119,615
- [PS3] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 118,240
- [PSV] J-Stars Victory VS (Namco Bandai, 03/20/14) – 97,821
- [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 91,903
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 (Konami, 03/20/14) – 63,898
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 44,659 (614,379)
- [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei, 03/20/14) – 39,597
- [PS3] Dark Souls II (From Software, 03/13/14) – 37,285 (292,482)
- PlayStation Vita – 35,374 (28,270)
- PlayStation 4 – 30,201 (29,677)
- 3DS LL – 28,291 (23,372)
- PlayStation 3 – 15,455 (14,128)
- 3DS – 11,985 (10,772)
- Wii U – 9,982 (7,654)
- PSP – 3,563 (3,461)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,754 (1,447)
- Xbox 360 – 288 (278)
Now here’s a great video for Hatsune Miku fans. In light of the upcoming sequel, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd, Sega have put together this cool video which previews all 40 tracks from the PS3 and the PS Vita.
Ready, set, go!
Rolling around once again…it’s time for Gaming Life in Japan! Time to take a look at the gaming world straight from Japan and see what’s been selling and moving.
A new entry for the PS3 takes that software top spot this week, that game being Dark Souls 2. Yokai Watch (3DS) from Level-5 and Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (3DS) from Square Enix take out positions 2 and 3 respectively. Hanging in the top 5 is a PS Vita title in Soul Sacrifice Delta while Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi from Marvelous AQL also on the 3DS sits in the middle at number 5. Numbers are 9 and 10 are holding with PS3 titles, Yakuza: Ishin and Grand Theft Auto V, while the PS4 is conspicuously absent from the top ten. Hmm.
Looking at the hardware charts, you could be forgiven for thinking that the PS4 sold the most units seeing as how it;s in the number one spot. But when you add the sales of the 3DS LL (XL) and the regular 3DS, the combined sales pip to the PS4 to the post. This means the 3DS is still on top with the PS4 second and the PS Vita in the third spot. Meanwhile, sales for the Wii U are still low however they are holding steady which is a good thing at least. They could be dropping even lower but they to be around the same mark, week in week out.
We’ll see what fortunes await us next week!
- [PS3] Dark Souls II (From Software, 03/13/14) – 255,197 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 37,247 (569,720)
- [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Square Enix, 02/06/14) – 18,728 (737,593)
- [PSV] Soul Sacrifice Delta (SCEJ, 03/06/14) – 17,357 (66,143)
- [3DS] Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi (Marvelous AQL, 02/27/14) – 15,883 (176,180)
- [3DS] Kaseki Horider: Mugen Gear (Nintendo, 02/27/14) – 13,362 (93,900)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/09/14) – 12,225 (501,835)
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 10,106 (3,994,938)
- [PS3] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 10,034 (222,147)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two, 10/10/13) – 7,910 (736,810)
- PlayStation 4 – 29,677 (35,294)
- PlayStation Vita – 28,270 (31,325)
- 3DS LL – 23,372 (24,192)
- PlayStation 3 – 14,128 (12,102)
- 3DS – 10,772 (10,876)
- Wii U – 7,654 (7,773)
- PSP – 3,461 (3,425)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,447 (1,962)
- Xbox 360 – 278 (300)