The price drop for the Nintendo 3DS seems to have had the desired result with sales of the handheld recently soaring in Japan. In fact lately the 3DS has been outselling the PSP powerhouse by as many as 5 to 1 units. Checking the charts lately shows a PSP game (Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village G) still at the top of the charts but in second place is Super Pokemon Rumble and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time claws its way back to 6th spot while Nintendogs makes a small dent in 12th position. And the Japan only, One Piece Unlimited Cruise Special and Starfox 64 3D both did a Solid Snake and snuck back into the Top 20. The sales aren’t just restricted to software with the hardware sales for the 3DS being 5 times more than the Sony PSP…that’s impressive!
Here are the charts, courtesy of Andriasang.
01. Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne G (Capcom)
02. Super Pokémon Rumble (Pokémon)
03. Everyone’s Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo)
04. Atsumete! Kirby (Nintendo)
05. Uta No Prince Sama Repeat (Broccoli)
06. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D (Nintendo)
07. Let’s Make A J-League Pro Soccer Club! 7 Euro Plus (Sega)
08. Toriko Gourmet Survival (Namco Bandai)
09. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
10. Disney Epic Mickey: Mickey Mouse And The Magic Brush(Nintendo)