It’s that time of the week when the Media Create Sales figures come in and damn if the the 3DS isn’t sitting pretty in Japan. In the hardware stakes, the 3DS is easily besting its nearest rival, the PS3, by well in excess of 50K+ units. Wow. Meanwhile the direct competitor to the 3DS, Sony’s PS Vita, managed to get over the line with a figure barely over 15K units.
This continues the trend set by the PSP when it was released in Japan where it sold by the bucketload upon launch but week after week continued to dip in sales against the juggernaut that is the original Nintendo DS.
And the trend continues one the software charts were from the top 20, 13 of the games are on Nintendo hardware. Once again, wow.
Anyways, the charts are below for your perusal, have a look and then tell me who’d you rather throw your support behind. I know where I stand.
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7
- [3DS] Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G
- [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land
-  Onechanbara Z: Kagura
- [PSP] Heroes Phantasia
- [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark
- [3DS] Beyond the Labyrinth
- [PSP] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin II – Revelation of Evil God
- [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3
- [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2
- [WII] Just Dance Wii
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3
- [WII] Wii Party
- [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus
- [WII] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land
- [WII] Mario Kart Wii
- [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Dubbed Edition
- [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends
- [WII] Go Vacation (Bandai Namco Games)
- Nintendo 3DS: 80,960
- PlayStation 3: 21,155
- PlayStation Portable: 17,181
- PlayStation Vita: 15,219
- Wii: 10,173
- Nintendo DS: 2,022
- Xbox 360: 1,588
- PlayStation 2: 903