Team ups and collaborations are nothing new in Japan so it should come as no surprise that a new anime for the Spring has teamed up with a US fast food giant.
There’s a new mecha anime in town called Majestic Prince and they’ve now teamed up with Burger King to produce the Shiwo Wopper. Feast your eyes on the image below, looks tasty, yeah? Funnily enough, if you were expecting some ‘majestic’ or a heavily layered burger, you’d be in for a disappointment. The rather plain look burger is good on 5 points, according to Burger King.
- you can eat it with one hand (score!)
- you can also keep your hands clean as it comes with a fork, for the sides you see
- it’s also very warm and extremely simple
- as its been grilled not fried, they claim it’s less fattening, and last but not least
- it comes with a special collaboration coaster to rest it on
Interestingly though, in the image above, the girl in the middle is holding a whopper? The Shiwo Wopper will available at exclusive Burger King stores, including the store in Akihabara from April 1st to April 7th. The burger will set you back ¥420 which isn’t much at all.
And if you want to grab a real exclusive bonus, Iguchi Yuka, the voice actress behind character, Irie Tamaki, will be in attendance as well as the singer Konami, who performs the OP for the anime. They will both be acting as store managers at the Akihabara store handing out the first 200 burgers on April the 6th.