Very late this week so let’s jump straight into Gaming Life in Japan!
Taking out the top spot for software is a new release for the PS3, 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen while the PS Vita version takes second position. The old one-two from Sony sees them take out this achievement easily. Yokai Watch for the 3DS takes third spot while another 3DS title, Mario Party: Island Tour, takes fourth position. Smack back in the top ten is a new release for Nintendo in Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! for the 3DS. The PS Vita sees Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai take out sixth spot with another new release.
Looking over at hardware, for a change the PS Vita actually outsold the Nintendo 3DS. Usually when the Vita outsells the 3DS, it’s just sales of the 3DS XL and when you combine both 3DS figures, they’re more than the Vita. This week though, the PS Vita broke the 3DS figure by just over 2K units. I imagine this only temporary and things will return to normal next week. The 3DS XL (LL) was second with 17,291 units sold while the PS4 holds strong with 13,034 consoles sold through. The Wii U sees a dip in sales with 5,512 units sold compared to last week’s figure of 7,962. Can’t wait to see what next week holds for the 3DS vs PS Vita situation.
- [PS3] 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen – 142,433 (New)
- [PSV] 3rd Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen – 128,236 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 33,833 (720,220)
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour – 28,114 (285,987)
- [3DS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! – 16,409 (New)
- [PSV] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai – 14,468 (New)
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 – 13,552 (206,066)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 11,005 (190,036)
-  Titanfall – 10,478 (New)
- [PS3] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai – 8,469 (New)
- PlayStation Vita – 24,078 (25,017)
- 3DS LL – 17,291 (22,947)
- PlayStation 4 – 13,034 (13,401)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,305 (10,871)
- 3DS – 6,271 (9,091)
- Wii U – 5,512 (7,962)
- PSP – 2,027 (2,892)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,220 (1,371)
- Xbox 360 – 229 (276)