Time for another Gaming Life in Japan!
This past week saw a highly anticipated game race up the charts and claim the top spot. That game was Freedom Wars for the PS Vita with 188,888 units sold.
Second on the charts was another new entry but this time for the PS4 and coming from Ubisoft, Watch Dogs. Selling an impressive 63,595 units on debut, this was enough to edge it ahead of third place getter, Kamen Rider: Battride War II for the Playstation 3. Bandai Namco also had a new release for the 3DS which saw it enter in fourth position, Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure. Seems to be a week for the PS Vita with Girls und Panzer: Master the Tankery taking fifth position for Bandai Namco yet again, quite the prolific developer. Ubisoft completes the Watch Dogs double with sixth spot while ex-number one for the 3DS, Yokai Watch, contends with seventh position. Kart racer for the Wii U, Mario Kart 8, slips to eighth spot as Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen snags tenth place.
Hardware sales show no major changes with the Nintendo 3DS LL still in the top spot while the PS Vita claims the second spot. The Wii U fills the third place nicely while the Playstation 4 soaks up fourth position.
- [PSV] Freedom Wars – 188,888 (New)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs – 63,595 (New)
- [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II – 62,649 (New)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure – 53,095 (New)
- [PSV] Girls und Panzer: Master the Tankery – 31,526 (New)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs – 31,028 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 29,590 (1,147,202)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 – 23,520 (492,837)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy – 15,373 (46,454)
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen – 13,026 (136,893)
- 3DS LL – 22,803 (21,459)
- PlayStation Vita – 22,192 (11,937)
- Wii U – 10,653 (10,715)
- PlayStation 4 – 8,059 (7,009)
- PlayStation 3 – 7,480 (6,339)
- 3DS – 5,081 (4,582)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 2,727 (1,444)
- PSP – 1,445 (2,335)
- Xbox 360 – 201 (214)