The upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII has joined forces with an iconic landmark in Tokyo.
Tokyo Skytree has been enlisted to promote the Final Fantasy VII Remake by decking it out in new FF VII artwork and having exclusive souvenirs to pick up.
Here are talking points from this joint collaboration.
- The elevator on the way up has been decked out in exclusive artwork and also plays tracks from the FF VII OST on the way up.
- Upon exiting the elevator, you’ll be met by Cloud and the Avalanche gang.
- Walking around the floor introduces you or reacquaints you with the story behind FF VII and the FF VII Remake.
- You’ll also come across a life size replica of Cloud’s Buster Sword.
- There’s a gallery with concept art of FF VII Remake and the game system.
- At the top, you’ll have the chance to interact with a display that utilises the materia of the “Sky Tower”. You’ll be able to shine a spotlight on various areas exposing special effects and cool lighting effects.
- You’ll be able to have a two shot photo service taken with your choice of character consisting of Cloud, Aerith, Barret, Tifa, or Sephiroth.
- There’s the obligatory attraction shop where you can stock up on souvenirs.
- You’ll also be able to refresh yourself at the Skytree cafe which has been renamed to the “340th Heaven Cafe” based on Seventh Heaven. The menu will feature refreshments based on characters from the Remake. Also, all orders will come with an original coaster which you can keep. There’s 5 to collect.
This event kicks off on the 2nd of February and runs through til the 22nd of April, 2020. And don’t forget that Final Fantasy VII Remake releases on April 10, 2020.